This is a quick overview of all used Django packages:
The used packages are:
- An URL field which can also point to an internal Django model.
- The widget engine for flexible block positions.
- Internal utilities for code sharing between django-fluent modules.
The structure to store tree data in the database.
Note that django-fluent-pages doesn’t use a 100% pure MPTT tree, as it also stores a
_cached_urlfield in the database. These fields are added for performance reasons, to quickly resolve parents, children and pages by URL.
- Translation support for all models.
- Polymorphic inheritance for Django models, it lets queries return the derived models by default.
- The tree logic, where each node can be a different model type.
- A flexible WYSIWYG field, which supports various editors.